Reader’s Ramble

A series of walks have been put together as a means of getting fit, working off any post-holiday excesses and looking again at God’s creation. The walks offer a variety of distances and geography with the focus being more on fellowship and chat than mileage or difficulty.

27 Oct (ODDS14)

Belstone – Irishman’s Wall – Oke Tor – Knack Mine – L Hound Circle – Cosdon Hill – Belstone. 13.4Km = 5hr 12min

24 Nov (ODDS15)

Nattor CP – Ditsworthy Warren House – Giants Basin – H Hartor Tor – Eylesbarrow – Siward’s Cross – Eylesbarrow – Scout Hut – CP. 10.8Km = 3Hr 58min.

22 Dec (PVALE 13)

Sharp Tor CO – Leather Tor bridge – Crazywell Pool – Aqueduct CP. 7.0 Km = 2hr 40min

19 Jan 19 (BURRA4)  Happy New Year!!

Meavy – Sheepstor – Norsworthy Bridge – Leather Tor bridge – Meavy. 11.0Km = 4Hr 11min.

9 Feb (BRIDGES3)

Two Bridges – Wistman’s Wood – Longgaford Tor – L White Tor – Rough Tor – Crow Tor – Beardown Tors – Two Bridges, 11.6Km = 3Hr 59min.

16 Mar (SHORT1)

Fox + Hounds – Arms Tor – Bleak House – Kitty Tor – Hunt Tor – Combe Down – Great Nodden – Fox + Hounds.  12.3Km = 4Hr 17min.

Walking Time does not allow for stops – lunch and coffee breaks

Clothing and Equipment
You should never completely trust a weather forecast, even in the summer, and so it is suggested that the following minimum amount of kit is either worn or carried:

• Stout shoes or trainers or wellies
• Warm jersey / sweatshirt
• Hat and gloves (in wintry conditions)
• Waterproof Jacket plus trousers if possible
• Lunch/Snack / chocolate and water
• Small rucksack – to put this lot in
• Rehydration tokens – beer money!

These walks will leave church at 0930 and will go ahead no matter the weather!! The accent will not be on “yomping” but on looking around and enjoying the company and views. The walk will finish at a local hostelry to replenish salts …

If you are able to go on any of these walks, then please contact me a few days before the date in case of transport problems, weather or other queries.

Diolch!!
Pete Hadden

My contact details are:
Tel:-(01752) 317440
email:-bampshadden@gmail.com